We The People

We The People

Monday, May 14, 2018

I Didn't Grow Up Around Guns. Here Are My 4 Observations From the NRA Convention.

I Didn't Grow Up Around Guns. Here Are My 4 Observations From the NRA Convention.:

Image result for flickr commons images nra logo"I am a conservative. I did not grow up around guns. I can’t recall hearing my parents talk about guns in our home. My dad didn’t hunt and I never lived in an area prone to high crime or gun violence. Guns were never on my radar until I witnessed firsthand the debate over gun control in the U.S. Senate in 2013.
Since then I have come to understand the importance of the Second Amendment and that understanding grew even stronger this past weekend at the National Rifle Association convention in Dallas. Here a few of my observations and takeaways from the gathering that drew more than 87,000 people.

1. The NRA convention was a family affair."


No comments:

Post a Comment