We The People

We The People

Wednesday, December 13, 2017

I'm a Pediatrician. Here's What I Did When a Little Boy Patient Said He Was a Girl.

I'm a Pediatrician. Here's What I Did When a Little Boy Patient Said He Was a Girl.:

Image result for flickr commons images Male Female sign"“Congratulations, it’s a boy!” Or, “Congratulations, it’s a girl!”
As a pediatrician for nearly 20 years, that’s how many of my patient relationships began. Our bodies declare our sex.
Biological sex is not assigned. Sex is determined at conception by our DNA and is stamped into every cell of our bodies. Human sexuality is binary. You either have a normal Y chromosome, and develop into a male, or you don’t, and you will develop into a female. There are at least 6,500 genetic differences between men and women. Hormones and surgery cannot change this."


No comments:

Post a Comment