We The People

We The People

Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Conspiracy of Deceit

By Tammy Derouin

Why do so many people understand the importance of the truth in their personal lives but not at the national level? We know that making decisions based on false information will harm us. We spend time researching products that we wish to purchase but very little time looking into the background of those we elect into office.

Image result for Voltaire Freedom of Speech
Homes and vehicles are major purchases. We want to know their history. Yes, history becomes very important all of a sudden. If the product is brand new, the level of excitement might be higher but one should still proceed with caution. Shiny and polished also means unknown and untested. Background information can be obtained. Was it a reputable company or individual who presented the final polished product?

When it comes to our loved ones or matters of the heart, the truth gets even more personal. We demand honesty. We know, no matter how difficult it may sometimes be to hear the truth, it is vital to our well-being and our survival. The truth will help us make the decisions that are necessary to proceed down the correct path. Do we hold on tighter or begin to let go?

The only thing worse than being deceived is finding out that there was an organized effort, a conspiracy of deceit, against you. Finding out that you have been misled is difficult enough, knowing that others knew you were being deceived and not telling you can be mortifying. You feel foolish and you want to know why. Why didn't anyone tell you the truth? Or, did they try to inform you and you decided to dismiss it?

I was confronted with some very interesting comments this past week. I was asked why, if I believe in freedom of speech, do I tell others that they are wrong? I was told that I do not respect the rights of others to speak their mind because I try to shut them down by saying it's all lies. I was asked to consider if I was being misled.

Freedom of speech is your right as an American. It isn't dependent upon your political views, your beliefs or backing some politically correct social agenda. You have a right to your opinion and beliefs just as I have a right to mine. What has become very troubling over the past several years is the belief that those on the left side of the political scale have adopted some sort of belief that they should not be challenged. What is even more concerning is when those who do not agree with the political philosophy of the Left, are accused of doing what the Left is doing, shutting people down. The Left wants to shut any opposing argument down because the facts are not in their favor.

I'm not shutting anyone down. I encourage people to speak their mind. I would rather know an individual's true beliefs up front. People need to check things out for themselves. Go to the original sources, the Bible, the Declaration of Independence, the U.S. Constitution and the Koran. All but one are documents of liberty. It is very upsetting to me when people, especially women, refuse to educate themselves on an ideology that seeks to enslave them. Those who support Sharia or feel that Islam isn't a threat to our freedom and way of life, do not understand the true reality, the agenda and their desire to conquer. They do not understand that they are being used to bring about their own demise. This isn't just my opinion, this has happened throughout history.

When people do not investigate what they are being told but simply take the word of a misleading press or former administration because it is expressed eloquently, that's troublesome. Am I supposed to accept the poison because it was delivered by a silver-tongued individual?

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but you are not entitled to your own facts. It all comes back to history. If we do not know our history, we will repeat it. Our freedom is too important to not pay attention. Trusting individuals because they speak well is dangerous. We must understand what is happening and why it is happening.

I believe that every American has the right to live their life and believe as they chose to believe as long as it doesn't infringe on the rights of others. History and facts are vital to the survival of our nation. I search for facts because it's my responsibility to educate myself. I speak because it's my right. And yes, I was led astray for a time in my life. I was a Democrat for a few years, many years ago. I began to question things that didn't make sense. Apparently, that is unacceptable behavior.

Truth will ultimately prevail where there is pains to bring it to light.”

George Washington


No comments:

Post a Comment