We The People

We The People

Saturday, March 16, 2013


March 13, 2013
It Happened For A Reason
By Tammy Derouin
I read an article that suggested Americans are reacting to Obama and his administration as battered wives react to their abusers.  I was part of a conversation where the wife beater T-shirt was mentioned.  I wondered if anybody heard the gears turning.  I was all set, what else did I need?  Right on cue, my Nemesis the Narcissus wanted to flex some muscle.  Really, I was doing great with the first two experiences.  I can always depend on the Narcissus doing what he does best, confirming why I left.
I could curse the day I said, “I do” but what good would it do?  I wouldn’t have grabbed a bucket of popcorn, a soda and propped up a chair to watch my life go from bright to dark though either.  It happened and it happened for a reason.  Similarities do exist between my personal experiences and what I see taking place in our country.   I’ve experienced the wrath of a controlling narcissus.  I’ve had a real problem with Obama’s smug and arrogant attitude from the beginning.  Besides the fact that it’s just plan irritating, it reminds me of darker days.  When I feel like I’m being watched, followed too closely, or I need to simply voice an opposing opinion, I go back.  The overwhelming feeling of dread and fear cannot be forgotten. 
The similarities between the Dictator in Chief and my nemeses are eerie.  The worst thing you can do to a narcissistic control freak is defy their presumed authority and leave them.
What do power hungry controllers do?  They figure out what’s important to you.  This allows them to manipulate and control your behavior.  Controllers watch and monitor your every move.  They make sure you become financially dependent on them.  They limit your mobility; making it difficult or inconvenient to freely move around.  They carry out unreasonable searches and seizures.  It doesn’t matter that what you have is legal.  They try to limit information.  Information they don’t agree with is mocked and belittled.  They will falsely accuse you and will attempt to discredit you.  A controller wants to be able to scoop you up, shut you up and remove you from sight if you threaten authority.  The controller becomes accuser, witness, judge, jury and executioner.  What was once acceptable is criminal.  What was once freedom is servitude.
The victim will usually protect the abuser.  If defending an abuser makes life somewhat easier, you do what you must to survive.  The ultimate threat is eventually made.  Would the Controller really follow through?  Have your really become irrelevant?  The controller has the ability to eliminate you but would he, really?  It would have to be such an extreme, hypothetical circumstance for it to even be considered, he states.  Out of fear you do everything you can to keep the peace. 
The controller makes and alters the rules for his benefit.   Rules change without notice leaving you vulnerable for attack.  The controller has removed all obstacles for the impending and complete takeover.  All of your defenses were removed for your protection.   All safety nets and backup systems were made obsolete.  You even welcomed the controller’s reasoning for removing the security system and accepting the controller’s protection. 
Does any of this sound familiar?  A controller abuses power whether it’s in your personal life or it’s affecting our nation as a whole.  Our freedoms and liberties, our very existence is being extinguished.  Why do we go back for more?
The office of president has been abused beyond recognition.  The presidential seal is only an image.  We have a dictator.  He was cheered when he said he would take more power.  Congress and Americans smile and applaud his abuse of power.  It’s terrifying to stand up to a controller but it must be done.  We must wake up from this hypnotic spell that has fallen over our nation. 
How much must we endure before we realize what is happening?  Why do certain events take place?  Misery kept me determined to avoid children.  So why, after so many years did children come about in what would become the final years?  What possible wisdom was there in taking the last little piece of control I had away from me?  They saved me.  I couldn’t do it on my own.  Apparently I needed to experience even more control to identify the situation.  I needed time to build strength and courage for the upcoming battle.  Everything happens for a reason.
Maybe the state of this nation has to get worse before it gets better.  Maybe we have to suffer and loose more of our freedoms before we are willing to admit we have a problem. 
“We, the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.”
Abraham Lincoln

No comments:

Post a Comment